East Link Construction and Travel Options
Construction is under way on East Link, an extension of Sound Transit Link Light Rail service to Mercer Island, Bellevue and Overlake. The trains are expected to begin service in 2023. Until then, East Link construction will impact how people get around Bellevue.
We’re here to walk you through continuing to use transportation alternatives to driving alone throughout the construction impacts. And if you're currently driving alone, now is a great time to relieve pressure on the roadway system by giving other travel options a try.
- The Rainier Freeway Station at I-90 in Seattle is closed as of Sept. 22, 2018. It will reopen as Judkins Park Link Station in 2023. Read our blog post on what you need to know..
- As of May 2017 Sound Transit has closed the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride to accommodate East Link construction. Read our informative blog posts to help you get around during the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride closure:
- Diamond Parking Service long-term parking lots- direct service to Seattle from the Eastside
- Park-and-Ride from Bellevue to Seattle
- A South Bellevue Park-and-Ride alternative story
- Priority parking at park-and-rides for carpoolers
- The South Bellevue Park-and-Ride is closing soon; do you know what your options are?