The fall service change is about more than three new Seattle Link Light Rail stations! [UPDATED]Posted on September 27, 2021
Update: This post has been updated to reflect the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride’s Re-Opening on Nov. 13
How the October service change will affect Bellevue travelers
Bellevue Transit Center
Big changes are coming to King County Metro and Sound Transit service starting Oct. 2. The changes include connections to three new Link light rail stations opening in Seattle! In addition, changes include updated service and restoration of previously suspended routes, many in Bellevue. Wondering how this will affect your travel in and out of Bellevue? Check out details below:
Metro will restore the following routes that have been fully suspended. Read on for links to the new timetables, and route descriptions.
· 114 – Lake Kathleen to Downtown Seattle (stops in Newport Hills)
· 214 – Issaquah to Downtown Seattle (stops at Eastgate Park & Ride)
· 216 – Bear Creek Park & Ride to Downtown Seattle (stops at Eastgate Park & Ride)
· 217 – Downtown Seattle to North Issaquah (stops in Factoria and at Eastgate Park & Ride)
· 221* – Redmond Transit Center to Eastgate Park & Ride (stops in Crossroads)
· 226* – Eastgate Park & Ride to Bellevue Transit Center
· 232 – Bellevue to Duvall
· 237 – Bellevue to Woodinville
· 246 – Clyde Hill to Eastgate Park & Ride
· 249 – Redmond Technology Station to Bellevue Transit Center (see additional revision below)
· 250 – Avondale to Bellevue Transit Center, fully restore weekday service
· 271* – Issaquah to University District
· 342 – Renton Transit Center to Aurora Village Transit Center
· 981 – Mercer Island Park & Ride to Totem Lake (stops at Bellevue Transit Center)
· 989 – Factoria to Haller Lake
· Sound Transit 556* – Issaquah to University District
221 will have three weekday, three Saturday and five Sunday trips restored (restores the suspended night service)
226 will have 12 Saturday trips restored (returns to full original Saturday service level)
271 will have partial restoration of service on weekdays and weekends (this restores it to 15 minute or better frequency on weekdays until 7 p.m., fully restores Saturday service, and restores service after 8 pm in Issaquah)
556 will have service restored between U District Station and Issaquah via Bellevue – service operates in peak periods every 30 minutes; effective Monday, Oct. 4
The following will have routing or schedule revisions. Read on for timetable links and information.
· 241 – Eastgate Park & Ride to Bellevue Transit Center
o Serves Bay 2 at new South Bellevue Station bus loop at the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride as of Nov. 13, 2021.
· 249 – Redmond Technology Station to Bellevue Transit Center
o Serves Bay 3 at the new South Bellevue Station bus loop (South Bellevue Park-and-Ride) as of Nov. 13, 2021.
· ST 532 – Everett to Bellevue
o Schedule adjustments, effective Monday, October 4
· ST 535 – Lynwood to Bellevue
o Restore midday frequencies to 30 minutes, effective Saturday, October 2
· ST 550 – Bellevue to Downtown Seattle
o Serves Bay 2 at the new South Bellevue Station bus loop at the South Bellevue Park-and-Ride as of Nov. 13, 2021.
o Additional courtesy stop along Bellevue Way due to prior suspension of Metro Route 249 will no longer be served, because Metro Route 249 is restored
· King County Metro service planning staff
· Sound Transit staff
- Choose Your Way Bellevue staffer Alex