May Is Bike Everywhere Month!Posted on April 10, 2019
Get ready–Spring is in the air and that means that Bike Everywhere Month is right around the corner! Here are a few exciting opportunities the City of Bellevue is offering to get you out on two wheels during the month of May:
And to officially kick off Bike Month, including the Bike Everywhere Challenge, Choose Your Bellevue is hosting the 2019 Eastside Bike Bash at REI-Bellevue with Cascade Bicycle Club and all our friends on May 1 from 4pm-7pm. Learn about exciting bike projects coming to the Eastside, snack on delicious goodies, and meet up with other like-minded people who ride bikes. We’ll have friends and partners from all over the Eastside with fun giveaways and coupons!
And don’t forget that May 17th is Bike Everywhere Day! Find your nearest Celebration Station!
Want to give biking a try, but have questions or don’t know where to get started? The City of Bellevue will be hosting a “Basics of Urban Cycling” class at City Hall in May. The class will cover planning your bike route, riding safely and comfortably, rules of the road, clothing, gear, and is led by a Cascade Bicycle Club instructor. Free pizza will be provided. Dates and times are still TBD, but check back soon for more details!
- Sign up for the Washington Bikes Bike Everywhere Challenge and ride all month long!
- Find a Bike Everywhere Day Celebration Station on Friday, May 17th or visit as many as you can!
- Didn’t get enough bike goodness that morning? Head to Redmond for the Bike Everywhere Day Bike Bash with music, food trucks, and a beer garden!
- Don’t want to ride all the way to work? Check out the bike locker and cage options that SoundTransit and King County offer, or put your bike on a bus to make your commute multimodal!
- Learn about all the 2019 Bellevue Bike Month Activities
- Want to stretch Bike Month into June? Come join the Lake to Lake Bike Ride on Saturday, June 8 and explore Bellevue’s hidden treasures by bike!
-Choose Your Way Bellevue Staff