On Monday, July 9th, Sound Transit will begin the second phase of the long-term traffic control plan on a portion of 110th Avenue Northeast between Northeast 4th and Northeast 6th streets. The current full closure will reopen providing access to one lane in each direction. The reopening is necessary to build the East Link light rail north tunnel portal near Bellevue City Hall.
Additional, in preparation for the reopening of 110th Avenue Northeast, Sound Transit’s contractor will restripe a portion of 110th Avenue Northeast adjacent to the closure area between Northeast 4th and Northeast 6th streets on Saturday July 7th and Sunday July 8th. Permitted work hours will be Saturday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. City Center's parking garage access from 110th Avenue Northeast will be closed while work is occurring. Skyline’s parking garage access from 110th Avenue Northeast will be maintained.
Phase 2 (July 9, 2018 – approximately Spring 2019). One lane of traffic in each direction on 110th Avenue Northeast will be reopened in both the northbound and southbound direction. This work is scheduled to last about 10 months.
Phase 3 (approximately Spring 2018 – Winter 2019). Phase 3 again requires a full closure of all lanes on 110th Avenue Northeast in the work area as utilities are reinstalled and the roadway restored.
What to expect
- Work will occur between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Phase 2 is expected to last for about 10 months.
- Sidewalks will be closed along the east side of 110th Avenue Northeast adjacent to the work area and on the south side of Northeast 6th Street. A temporary mid-block crosswalk will be added just south of the work area to facilitate pedestrian access across 110th Avenue Northeast.
- A uniformed police officer will direct traffic as needed.
- The Bellevue Transit Center will remain open.
- Access to City Hall visitor parking will be available.
- Barriers and signage will prohibit vehicles and pedestrians from entering the work zone. Detour signage will be in place.
For more information
24-hour construction hotline: 888-298-2395