Ramp and lane closures between I-90 and Bellevue Way Southeast
Crews working to build Sound Transit's East Link project in south Bellevue will install the second set of precast concrete girders during the weeks of Nov. 5 and Nov. 12. Ramp and lane closures will be necessary to safely complete installation of girders and temporary light plants will be used to illuminate the work area. See map below.
Ramp and lane closures associated with this work:
Wednesday, Nov. 7 night closure, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.: The ramp from Bellevue Way Southeast to eastbound I-90. Drivers should follow detour signs to reach their destination.
Thursday, Nov. 8: night closure, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.: The ramp from Bellevue Way Southeast to eastbound I-90 and one lane of the Bellevue Way Southeast to westbound I-90 ramp. Drivers should follow detour signs to reach their destination.
Monday, Nov. 12-Wednesday Nov. 14: night closure, 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.:
- Eastbound I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way
- Eastbound I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way HOV ramp
- Westbound I-90 to northbound Bellevue Way
- Southbound Bellevue Way Southeast to eastbound I-90 ramp
Expect noise from cranes, lifts, light plants and associated equipment during work hours.
Installation is scheduled to begin Monday, Nov. 5, and will continue Monday-Thursday night for approximately two weeks. Work will take place nightly between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
South Bellevue, Bellevue Way Southeast between I-90 and Southeast 30th St.
- Precast concrete girders measuring 80-120' long and each weighing up to 205,000 lbs. will be trucked in and lifted into place using large mobile cranes.
- Sound Transit's contractor is permitted to work expanded hours in the I-90 corridor and adjacent to Bellevue Way Southeast, including 24-hour work in this area.
- Plan ahead, leave early and allow extra time to reach your destination.
- Due to inclement weather or unforeseen issues, dates and times are subject to change.
- To receive the latest updates on impacts to bus service due to East Link construction, please sign up for Sound Transit and King County Metro rider alerts.
Outreach Specialist: email@example.com or 206-903-7177
After-hours construction hotline: 888-298-2395