Transit Pass Programs
Transit is a growing segment of commute trips, and investing in a transit pass for your employees can provide tremendous returns and savings on parking. Provide a monthly subsidy, annual subsidy or offer the transit benefit pre-tax.
ORCA - One Regional Card for All
ORCA – One Regional Card for All – is a transit fare payment system that offers businesses and employees a menu of transportation options. With its smart card technology, ORCA makes paying transit fares simple and efficient for transit riders on seven regional transit agencies- Community Transit, Everett Transit, King County Metro, Kitsap Transit, Pierce Transit, Sound Transit and the Washington State Ferries.
Now it is easier than ever for businesses to help their employees ride transit. ORCA enables businesses to pick the transit products that best fit their business needs while providing them with tools to make it easier to manage their transportation programs. There are two great programs for businesses to choose from, Business Passport and Business Choice. Choose Your Way Bellevue is currently offering rebates for new Passport customers.
ORCA Business Passport
Business Passport is a comprehensive, annual transportation pass program that offers employees options for their commutes. More than just a bus pass, Business Passport gives every employee access to transit, rail, vanpool and guaranteed ride home service.
What is included in Business Passport?
- Unlimited rides on six regional transit agencies (King County Metro, Sound Transit, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Everett Transit and Kitsap Transit)
- Unlimited access to the Sounder Commuter Rail, Link Light Rail and the Seattle streetcar
- 100% monthly subsidy towards a vanpool fare on Metro, Community Transit, Pierce Transit and Kitsap Transit vans
- 100% subsidy toward a Metro VanShare fare
- Home Free Guarantee – 8 emergency taxi rides home a year
ORCA Business Passport allows companies with 20 or more employees (5 or more employees for Downtown Bellevue companies) to offer multiple commute options to all their employees for one low price. To recoup some of the expense, participating employers may charge each ORCA card holder a co-pay of up to 50 percent of the annual cost of their pass.
ORCA Business Passport Rebate for Employers
- 2016-2018 Choose Your Way Bellevue ORCA Passport Rebates – Bellevue employers that start a new ORCA Passport program are eligible for a rebate on ORCA Passport products. Rebates of $50 per pass in the first year and $100 per pass in the second year, for up to 100 passes per employer, are available to employers and property managers of worksites located within Bellevue city limits. Choose Your Way Bellevue will accept ORCA Passport agreements signed after 4/1/16 while the program lasts or until funds are depleted.
ORCA Business Choice
Business Choice is a flexible option for employers and employees. Businesses can provide ORCA cards to as few or as many commuters as they choose and load each card with a variety of product options including a monthly pass, E-purse or E-voucher.
What product options are available for Business Choice?
- Monthly transit passes for bus, train, ferry or Metro vanpool.
- E-purses that provide a means to store value on an ORCA card that can be used to pay for travel on a per-trip basis or to purchase a monthly pass.
- E-vouchers that allow an employer to provide a set value that their employees can convert to an e-purse or monthly pass. If the voucher goes unused for 30 days, the value is refunded to your company.
Ready to learn more or get started? Contact TransManage staff by email or phone: 425-990-3097.
Learn more about Business Choice.