National Recognition for Outstanding Transportation Programs
Best Workplaces for Commuters - Best Workplaces for Commuters is a membership program that provides qualified employers with national recognition and a designation for offering outstanding commuter benefits, such as free or low cost bus passes and vanpool fares and strong telework programs. Employers that meet the National Standard of Excellence in commuter benefits—a standard created by the National Center for Transit Research (NCTR) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)—can get on the list of Best Workplaces for Commuters and receive recognition, technical assistance, training and other Web-based tools and forums. There is an annual fee of $230 to become a Best Workplaces for Commuters member. Learn about joining here.
League of American Bicyclists – Through their Bicycle Friendly Business (BFB℠) program, employers are recognized for their efforts to encourage a more welcoming atmosphere for bicycling employees, customers, and the community.
Bellevue Case Studies
- Symetra Financial's Move to Downtown Bellevue
- Telework increases productivity at The Rainier Group
- Commute program continues to build momentum at DCI Engineers
- Courtyard by Marriott eases the cross-lake commute with FlexPass
- Jacobs sees success with cost sharing
- Double It: LUMEDX sees bus ridership jump with subsidy increase
- The Gardens at Town Square: Big cost savings leads to better employee benefits
- Washburn Communication sees green with FlexPass and Zipcar