Choose the Bus
Relax and leave the driving to Metro or Sound Transit
Choose to ride the bus and leave the driving to the bus driver! Riding the bus to work or school is rewarding because it puts less wear and tear on your personal vehicle, you do not have to pay for gas and you can relax during the trip by reading a book or taking a nap. New to riding the bus or taking the bus to a new destination? The links below will make riding the bus a breeze.
New to riding the bus?Choose Your Way Bellevue wants to offer you an ORCA card pre-loaded with $25 to help you try transit*! If you haven't taken transit more than three times in the last 90 days, fill out our ORCA request form today! Please note, if you are already taking advantage of your employer's ORCA benefit, you are not eligible for this promotion. *Available while supplies last. Limit one per person and one per email address.
Priority parking for carpoolers at select park-and-rides: Metro Transit will set aside priority spaces for carpoolers with free permits. Spaces will be reserved for permit holders arriving until 8:30am weekdays at Eastgate, Issaquah Highlands, Northgate, Redmond, South Kirkland, and South Renton. Learn more from Metro here and Sound Transit here.
Guaranteed parking with Metro and Diamond Parking Service: King County Metro has launched a partnership with Diamond Parking Service in order to provide a new option for people to connect to transit service. Learn more here.
Find the Metro or Sound Transit bus you need
- Find your route and schedule — Use Trip Planner to see which routes serve a location and the scheduled times of those routes.
- Find your stop — Use this page to find the five closest stops to a location.
- Just want the list of Bellevue buses? — Find every bus in Bellevue, including schedule and map!
Real-Time bus trackers
- OneBusAway.org — User-friendly real-time bus locator with web, texting and phone options.
- Metro's Tracker — Online tracking to see when you have to be at your stop.
- Let us plan your commute! Fill out our Commute Inquiry Form and receive a customized list of commute options from CYWB staff based on your work schedule, home address and worksite.
- King County Metro Trip Planner — Create free custom transit plans on King County Metro (also shows Sound Transit routes).
- Sound Transit Trip Planner — Create free custom transit plans on Sound Transit (also shows King County Metro routes).
- Google Maps — Plan your trip and get the benefit of great maps. Click on "Get Directions,"and choose "By Public Transit" instead of "By Car."
- Metro System Maps — View or download maps of the entire Metro system; the Northeast area includes Bellevue and surrounding area.
- Bellevue Area Map — Metro System Map zoomed in to Bellevue
- Central Eastside Frequent Service Map — View list and map of bus routes that run frequently in Bellevue and the central Eastside.
Bus fares, passes and ORCA Cards
- Metro Transit fare information
- Sound Transit fare information
- Transit Go Ticket: Purchase and redeem transit passes on your smartphone device. You can download the app for Android, iPhone and Windows mobile devices and buy tickets directly using your credit or debit card. You can also buy tickets through Metro’s "Marketplace" site on your PC or desktop and have the tickets appear in the app on your mobile device.
- Obtain and load/reload your ORCA card with a Regional Transit Pass, Agency Transit Pass or E-purse (electronic purse; acts as cash) at the ticket vending machine located at the Bellevue Transit Center. Other ticked vending machine locations here.
- In Bellevue, ORCA cards may also be obtained ("adult" cards only), loaded and reloaded at the Safeway and QFC stores. A complete list of retail locations here.
- You may also obtain, load and reload your ORCA card online; by calling
1-888-988-6722 / TTY Relay: 711, 888-889-6368 during regular business hours; or by visiting an ORCA Customer Service Office.
RapidRide B Line
Metro's RapidRide B Line travels between the Bellevue and Redmond transit centers. Along the way, it makes limited stops that include Crossroads, the eastern portion of Overlake, the Microsoft campus and North Redmond. It operates with 10-15 minute service most of the day.
Bus hubs and key destinations
- King County Park & Rides — Addresses, maps and more for all King County Park & Rides.
- Sound Transit Route 560 to Sea-Tac Airport — Get to the airport with less hassle!
Apps and mobile tools
- App Center — Check out these apps that use Metro transit data.
- Trip Planner — Plan your trip on your smart phone.
- Metro Transit (King County)
- Sound Transit (Regional provider)
- Pierce Transit (Pierce County)
- Community Transit (Snohomish County)
Can't find what you want? Call a Rider Service Representative at Metro (206-553-3000 or TTY 206-684-1739) or Sound Transit (1-888-889-6368, TTY Relay: 711) — they are friendly and very knowledgeable.